Friday, November 21, 2008

What is this BLOG all about?

It seems that every day I come up with a new BJJ strategy to take my game to the next level. Every day - it seems to be a different strategy. The general purpose of the BLOG is to capture my thoughts and frustrations, as well as my highlights in the BJJ world. Maybe, someone else in a similar position can relate to my experiences. Perhaps, people will leave comments and this could actually become a learning experience!

However, I don't want to just put up my random thoughts without some utilitarian purpose. Here we get to the second purpose of this blog. I am a BJJ Instructional DVD/Book addict. I have browsed the web for sites that give good reviews of these instructional DVDs or books. I was a little underwhelmed with what I found aka not much. I want to start a DVD/Book review section that reviews and scores these instructionals on a much deeper level than usual. My goal is to be critical and score these instructionals while I learn the techniques.

I anticipate that my reviews will be subjective and will change over time. My abilities may not allow me to master one approach/technique today but I might incorporate it into my game next year. These reviews will start with a general outlook and then develop over time so that a potential buyer can see what it is like to learn from a particular instructional. I hope that people will comment and discuss some of these techniques as well.

However, I will also try to be objective and score the instructionals compared to each other. I will outline my review philosophy in a later post. I will also tell you a little bit about me since it will be important for you to understand what my limitations and/or strengths are.

I anticipate that my first review will go to Robson Moura's Fusion 2 DVD (http://www.groundfighter.com/details/prodid/281.html) since this is one of the latest products on the market. I will also review Saulo Ribeiro's Jiu-Jitsu University (http://www.amazon.com/Jiu-Jitsu-University-Saulo-Ribeiro/dp/0981504434/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1227290992&sr=8-1).

I hope that people will enjoy these reviews and I hope I'll learn something from posting these!

No comments:

 
Custom Search
Connected Internet Directory Sport Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory